TechSpot

VESA bringing USB 3.0 data and power connectivity to DisplayPort standard

By Justin Kahn
Jan 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. VESA, the group responsible for the Display Port standard, has announced some new changes coming in the way of USB data and power connectivity support.

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,390   +329

So let me get this straight USB is playing catch up whilst intel has already developed displayport 2.0 that is already better than the current displayport.

3. howzz1854

howzz1854 TS Evangelist Posts: 602   +86

does Intel's technology allow you to plug your USB devices into the monitor? I am not up to date on inte's latest displayport tech, but I think what this article is talking about is that consumers will eventually be able to connect display port from graphics card to monitor without having to run another USB cable from the monitor to the comp if you want to use those USB ports on your monitor. which is a good thing because right now if I want to use those USB ports on my monitor, I have to run a USB cable from the monitor to the PC. this will consolidate the two and simplify all the cable management.