Vga Share Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, anand_0047, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums :)

With regards to your problem, what version of windows are you using? :)

if you have a graphics card with a low amount of memory on it (or onboard graphics) then dedicate 64mb, otherwise you should be ok with 32

I Have An Other Doubt.iam Using P.c 2100 256mb Ram Along With P.c 3200 512mb Ram .do This Affect The Performance Of The Computer Or Damage It.shall I Remove It Or Use It .which Is The Best Option.please Help

as long as your system seems stable then it'll be fine, if you start getting any problems then remove one of them

they will both run at te speed of the slower stick though so for best performance you will want two sticks of the same specifications

Allocating memory to VGA???

I have acer travelmate 240 notebook with Intel Celeron 4A, 2500 MHz (6.25 x 400), 752 RAM Memory and Intel(R) 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller (64 MB). How can I allocate some memory to VGA? When i go to BIOS on main page it says: System memory: 640KB
Extended memory: 766 MB
VGA Memory: 16 MB

Thnx!!!

To change the memory allocation, go into the BIOS at boot and make the change there. In most cases it is best to pick the highest level available.
If 16mb is max, then there is no more you can do.
The system memory of 640mb is a harkback to the good old days when that's all most of us had to mess with. Ignore it for the purposes of this thread.

On Boot screen i have only boot order (HDD, CD ROM...) and that's it. Memory statistics are listed under Main screen and when i want to get in it just skips them. Other thing that i don't understand is why VGA Memory is 16 MB when Aida32 says that there is 64? And if it's skipping Memory in BIOS, is it possible to allocate it any other way? Some windows tweaking software or something like that.

Thank's very much, man!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back