Via Raid Tool removal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I noticed that everytime I turned my computer on I would see a program loading called "Via Raid Tool". I had no clue what this was and never used it so I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled it.

I was asked to restart my computer and did so. As it was rebooting all was normal until it opened this window saying, "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this..."

It then gave me five options: Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Networking, Safe Mode with Command Prompt, Last Known Good Configuration (your most recent settings that worked), Start Windows Normally.

I started with trying "Start Windows Normally" but it wouldn't let me access windows and shot me back to this page. I then tried all the rest and they all just brought me back to this page. I CAN'T GET BACK INTO WINDOWS AND ALL I KEEP SEEING IS THIS DOS PAGE!

Am I screwed or can somebody help me get my laptop back into order? Is all my data lost?

I knew I shouldn't have removed it. I had a sneaking suspicion it would cause a problem.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

Assuming your pc uses a sata hard drive then that is the driver you removed.

If you can boot into safe mode then you should be able to reinstall the driver from the cd that came with your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back