Video And Sound Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

omestermon

Here:This auction is for a Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 9700Pro AGP Card. This card is used, and I am not the origial owner. I used it for approximately with no problems, then I tried to reboot my computer one day and it booted into windows fine, but the screen went off after a bit, then came back up and there was an error message saying something about ATI VPU recovery, and software mode. AFter that the computer would boot into windows, but after it got to the main screen with the start bar, the screen would switch off. This is just a fair warning about this card. Now I never over clocked it or did any performance modifications to it. When I reicved the card it was missing one RAM heatsink on the front and the fan was locked up from dust so I put my own AMD CPU fan on it to cool it. (FAN takes up first PCI slot in your computer) I was able to run all my 3D games and benchmarks on the card with out a problem. and when it started having problems, I hadn't even been playing any games or anything. so I don't quite understand the problem. (And I DID have the extra power connection hooked up) I slapped my old nVidia card back in my computer and everything is A-OK again. Anywho, this card has the 9700 Pro VPU on it, and is manufactured by Gigabyte, and comes with 8X AGP support and 128 MB RAM Part # GV-R9700PRO Rev. 1.0 Has DVI S-Video and VGA outputs. Sold AS-IS for above described reasons.n Final Sale.

Is that a good card? And whats a good sound card for use?

a 9700 pro is a great card. but based on that description it might have problems so i wouldnt buy that one unless it went for very cheap. a good sound card is a Hercules Fortissimo III ($45) or the Hercules Digi Fire 7.1 ($75).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back