Video and sound not synchronized

Status
Not open for further replies.

notfrog

my sound and video aren't synchronized; the sound plays on videos and the video lags, flowing inconsistently, a few seconds behind.

video acceleration is on full and i have run what troubleshooters i can find on windows.

tx,
notfrog.

specs please. what type of video?
graphics card may not be catching up. update drivers and directx, clean out the dust in the case and make sure you got adequate power runing and cooling to it.
try running with minimal proceses/programs running
thats the general answer.. once we know your specs we can go deeper.
cheers

You also might want to try scaling back video acceleration, as it could be causing problems, although it is uncommon in this day and age.

We need specs.

this is principally concerning .avi files (though some other similar files like .mpg and .wmv) used in windows media player. i am on xp pro, and my graphics card is an s3 prosavageddr.

decreasing the acceleration makes it worse.

can you by any chance tell us your full system specs?

eg
cpu type/speed,
motherboard make/model
sound card
any mods (overclocks etc)
hdd, drives..
psu make/watts..
ram etc etc..

it will help try to determine what is wrong if we can see what you have in whole.. =)

also just to eliminate other things that may/may not be part of the problem, i want you to do run: chkdsk /f and defrag, also scans for teh 4 baddies (virus, mal/spy/adware)

have you also checked what other processes you have running in the background while you're running teh videos? you can use taskmanager to see this in the processes tab.

how to:

How to copy a program in full version? What I mean is after I install a program, I like to make a copy of it from the Computer,,and maybe paste it to another PC without runing any installation,? just like copying a folder and WALLAH! its working already.??? coz i downloaded some program labeled full version,,,and when i open, i can already use it,,even i didnt install it...now please tell me how to do that? anybody?....[B]how to capy a program in full versio?

that would require alot of registry edits and other messy stuff, first depending if its legal to do with that program, and i think you posted this question in the wrong place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back