Video Caps bulging

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I had an Acer Aspire AMD X2 4200+, etc.... I bought it about a year and a half ago. When I ordered it I also got a EVGA GeForce 7300GT. A few months ago it crashed. I checked everything I could think of but to no avail. Replaced the power supply with a larger one thinking that could be it since I had added the video card and a 2nd HDD. Still nothing. I bought a cheap e-machine so I could keep up with all my online stuff and today I decided to put the 7300 card into it. Would not power up. After a good looking over, removing the video card, that sort..... The way I got it to power back up was switching the PSU from 115v to 230v and back again. I have no idea why it worked but it did. Now I have no video at all including the integrated chip. Monitor works fine on my wifes computer so I know its not that. I got to looking at the video card and saw that 5 out of 10 of the capacitors are bulging slightly.... I know I should have checked it before installing into the new computer... Now my question is what do I need to do, fix, or replace to get it back up. Im not currently able finacially to replace the entire system. Any ideas? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back