video capturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joker

ok, i am trying to capture the video from my video card (tape). I'm trying to keep the good quality, but dont take up a lot of space. I tried Adobe Premiere but 1min of video 1gis of space (roughly)
plx help, how can i have a qood quality, but save space ...

There are a couple of things that i can think of you can try. Firstly, you could always go for Microsofts own video editor, and then choose what type of recording style you want, it then tells you how big each type of file will come out, or, you could simply record the tape to your hard drive and then compress the file once you have finished saving it, this will then save you space on the hard drive but let you keep the quality of a bigger file.

Hope this helps.

I would need you to write down what type of video you are trying to capture(what device you are using and what connection to the computer you have got etc.)

What OS you are running.

And what programs you have on your PC capable of capturing video.

Once I know this I may be able to help more.

Rick.

type of video: any type with good quality, but not a lot of size
connection: using a firewire card
soft: adobe premiere

Fire wire should be ok for transfering video, but when i mean what video type, i meant, are you using camcorder/vcr, and what make etc.

Adobe should be ok too.

video

adobe premiere 1.5 or 2.0 do it all, from capture dv video, editing,encoding,to burn dvd, adobe premiere is a all in 1 tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back