TechSpot

Video card and my monitor problem

By Ashcraft
Dec 2, 2005
  1. Well, just a couple of days ago, I got my RADEON 9700 Pro working after like 3 months. The video card was working just fine for like 3 days until this morning when I tried to turn it on. Everything turns on just fine, but the monitor wont turn on. I tried like 30 minutes to fix it, but nothing. I set the monitor cable back to my on-board video card and then the monitor turned on. I also noticed that it was still installed (does it matter if it was or not?)
    I then try to hook it back up to my newer video card, but still the same results. I don't know what the heck is going on with it because I was playing the computer last night just fine. I don't know what uninstalling drivers would do because the monitor won't even turn on with the 9700 Pro plugged in and I just don't see how (if it is) it is broken because I was playing it last night just fine.

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

3. Ashcraft

Ashcraft TS Rookie Topic Starter

There's only one problem, the monitor won't even turn on. It's like it's in sleep mode and it doesn't want to wake up. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to do anything if I can't even see the screen.

4. Ashcraft

Ashcraft TS Rookie Topic Starter

Ok, I solved the problem on how to get the monitor to turn on. What I did was right when you turn the computer on, I have to keep pressing delete like I'm trying to get into BIOS and the monitor ends up coming out of it's own weird state of sleep mode. Hopefully I don't have to come back here again saying stuff like "How do you do this" or "Why is this happening". I really do appreciate the help from Rick and DonNagual from previous posts and helping me get my video card to work. Thanks.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.