Video card connection to TV/Cable out

By snowboard_dave
Oct 16, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Visiontek 5564 Xstasy Everything vid card crapped out lst week. I purchased and installed the GeForce3 Ti500. How do i connect the personal tuner cinema box to the card in order to view/record TV/Cable on my PC using Intervideo's WinDVR v3? And if that doesn't fly, what box connects the RJ11 TV/Cable wire to my vid card to operate WinDVR v3?

Thx for your assistance...
  2. negroplasty

negroplasty TechSpot Maniac Posts: 537   +12

All you need to do is connect your S-Video cable to your TV-Out port at the back of your video card and plug it into your TV/Receiver, the rest should do itself. This is only for Video Output BTW.

Also, it would be a good idea to have your computer off while you connected that cables, but you know this ;) .
  3. snowboard_dave

snowboard_dave Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ok. so the GeForce3 Ti500 does not support Cable-IN to record. swell. i purchased the wrong vid card. which other vid card, besides the dual monitor out 5564 Xtasy Everything can handle the Cable-IN, but with a single monitor out (dont need the dual out)?
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,289   +262

Look for cards that have VIVO as part of the name.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.