Video Card Dead or Drivers?

Recently my graphics card has been causing issues.

Over this weekend the graphics card began doing a crash restart and giving me a bluescreen message when I got back into windows. The bluescreen message was Error code 1103 BBcode 116 which lead me to think the drivers were bad. After reinstalling the drivers things seemed ok for about an hour then It happened again and again.

I went ahead and checked everything I possibly could. The crashing had gotten to the point where It would last past the Windows logo, which is when the video drivers kick in to my knowledge.

Afterwards I did a clean install of Windows 10 due to being unable to reinstall Windows 7 without my disc I wiped everything and tried again. I reinstalled the drivers and once again It black screened directly after the windows logo leaving the monitor with no signal after a few moments.

The only way for me to enter the computer was through Integrated graphics or safe mode, so I downloaded Display Driver Uninstaller and removed anything pertaining to before, and went straight to Nvidia and downloaded the latest recommended driver and tried again to no avail. I did this again with the next few drivers back, still nothing.

I do not have another Nvidia card on me, however I did borrow my roommate's Radeon 7870 to just see if It would work and It did once Windows Update acquired the drivers. I know this does nothing to rule out if It was a driver issue

I have picked out a new video card replacement, however I just want to be sure that it is the problem before I fork out the money. Any help would be appreciated.

This is my build - 3 years old now.

Case- Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 and All-Black Interior

PSU- CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

GPU- EVGA 025-P3-1579-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) HD 2560MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

ROM- ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

CPU- Intel Core i7-2700K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 95W BX80623i72700K Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000

HDD- Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

MOBO- ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM- 0 G.SKILL Ares Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-1866C10D-16GAB

For a little more information my Evga Precision X had not been controlling my fans appropriately and the card was hitting 86C, but after a restart of the program the fans would kick to max and lower the temperature. I have not seen any artifacts during any gameplay since this began happening. The computer would simply bluescreen and restart. I did not overclock or underclock the card from its defaults.

I also included a copy of my minidump, however these will only be from after I installed Windows 10 to try and fix the problem with a clean install.

Attachments

• minidump.zip
    138 KB · Views: 3
Back