Video Card Does Not Work In Boot-Up

By TheJediSlayer
Oct 12, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an Nvidia 5500 GFX card and it will not display anything during the boot-up process on the monitor. I'm trying to seek a solution in getting it to display the boot-up process on the monitor, but I'm not sure how to do it. Basically, whenever I turn on my PC at first... All I see is this black screen until the login screen appears. Another thing is, I have to press F1 each and every time I start up Windows to get it to go past some process that wants to know if I want to configure any settings.

However, I have a circuit board graphics card that came along with the PC when I bought it. If I switch the monitor's cable out to the one that came with the PC. I can see the boot-up process and everything else. I was wondering if I could get any assistance in getting my Nvidia card to do the same. The drivers are up to date. Also, any help in getting it so that I don't have to press F1 either to get passed the menu screen the prompts me with questions during boot-up, would be much appreciated.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.