Video Card/Driver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of days ago my graphics card (ASUS Geforce 4 Ti4200) starting making a squealing noise. The card was working fine at this point. I took the card out of the computer and gave it to my dad to get a new fan for it because that was the problem. While the card was out of my computer I felt the need to use the computer but not being able to get on it because the lack of a graphics card I took my old Voodoo 3 card and put it into my newer system. The computer would not even start up, so I took it out and just waited for my Geforce 4 to be fixed. Now that I have my card back I can either only run in safe mode with the Nvidia drivers installed (regular or beta drivers) or without the drivers installed at all. Does anyone know a way I can fix this? I've already formatted and it did nothing for me.

[edit]: Also when I install the drivers and run windows normally, it gets past the windows professional loading screen then it just blacks out.

Have you used that Voodoo card in that board before? Some older cards wont work in new boards because newer boards AGP slots use lower voltage. You could have damaged the motherboard or the BIOS may have reset the AGP settings when you put the old card in.

I never used the voodoo card on this board before, if it did get damaged shouldn't the computer itself not work at all? Also is there a way I could fix this through BIOS or some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back