Video Card for my MOtherbord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys i have an older motherbord.
its a VIA EliteGroup K7VTA3 motherbord.
it has a 2x/4x AGP slot. and i cant seem to find any good cards for it.
as of now i have a Geforce fx 5200 128mg. i was wondering if thers a new card like the X800XT or the Geforce 6800 ultra that can work on my mother bord. i dont have the money for a hole new system. so aany suggestions would be awsome.

Cards which have a 8X/4X on the box will support your motherboard. most of the cards u have mentioned have support for 4X so u will be able to use these cards, just make sure it is mentioned that the card supports 4X before buying it.
:grinthumb

alright. thought i had a 9600se that my friend gave me and it didnt work. was it a bad card? i know it was a 8x/4x also it didnt work on my other friends computer. hmmm well have an recomendations on cards? under 250 $ plz. thanks

The cards you listed are total overkill for your system. Get a Radeon 9800 pro. They are about $150.

Looks like a good card to me. thanks guys :D
also befor i buy i really want to know if it will work yes i know i have the agp 4x slot but the last card i put in there (the 9600) totaly didnt work. so u guys positive it will work?

Just to confuse you with options :D , I have exactly the same mobo as you. a couple of months ago I purchased a Leadtek 6600GT AGP from Newegg and it's working great on my system. It was about $200 at the time, but now is selling for $146 after $20 rebate (bummer for me :mad: but good for you).

Make sure

Make sure you have enough power for the 9800pro. I would say 300-watt, But to be on the safe side 350. anyone else agree?

Paul as longest you have a 300 watt p/s then you are alright and I agree with on that.

Sebastian :darth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back