Video Card Help

By zeeola05
Feb 14, 2010
  1. I'm planning to buy GeForce 260 GTX.
    Will it fit on a Asus P5KPL-AM SE MOBO?

I can also have some suggestions on what video card to buy. I want to play the latest high-end games in a 24'' monitor. Any recommendations? or 260 GTX is enough? Is it also recommended to put 260 GTX in SLI?

Thank you guys!
  2. dividebyzero

dividebyzero trainee n00b Posts: 4,891   +1,258

The GTX 260 (or any PCIE based graphics card) will fit on the motherboard.
    Your board doesn't support SLI/Crossfire (dual graphics cards), so you are limited to one card.
    The GTX260 should be ok with most (if not all) games at 1920x1080 resolution- you might just need to dial down the eye-candy on the very graphics intensive games.
    If you're not locked into buying a GTX260 and you aren't ATIphobic then I'd suggest buying a HD 5850 in preference as it offers much superior performance and the ability to use DirectX 11 in games that use it...IF your budget can stretch.If you can wait a few weeks the price will probably drop once nVidia's next generation cards hit the review sites (if not the retail shelves).
  3. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,681   +86

What CPU do you have in that system? and importantly PSU rating/make/model etc. Your motherboard can only accommodate one graphic card.

Rest has been pretty much covered by DBZ, so i need to say no more.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.