Video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasperli

Well let me explain the story i bought a new video card a 7600 gs today and i was attempting to install it so i followed the instructions. the instructions stated that i disable my intergrated video card and so i did. I put the 7600 gs in and it did not work so i decide to take it out and just play on the computer with my integrated card but the thing is i disabled my integrated video card and now after the windows xp loading screen the screen just turns blank but my computer still does its normal reutine going to the desktop but i cant see anything but i can hear myself logging on to my desktop. anyone know a possible way on how to enable the integrated video card? i tried almost everything i tried going through bios and restoreing to to the default i tried taking out and putting back in my cmos or w.e any suggestions.? i really need help very bad.

First, lets figure out why the nVidia card didn't work...there could be several reasons why. If you could please tell us how many watts your power supply gives off as well as the amperage rating on the +12v rail (i.e 20A, 48A, etc), that would help.

there are two ways to get your bois back too default if i remeber correctly.
some boards have jumpers. set the jumper then turn it on and it resets the bios for you (look in the motherboard manual that you can get online or should have). another way is to take out the cmos battery and let the computer drain for 24 hours I believe.

that should set it back to using the onboard but i could be wrong you can always look up your bois for pics then just start the bois screen then press like F? to go back to default and F? to save and exit.

well i dont think its the power supply cause lemme explain more indepth on what happened.at the beginning I had put the graphics card in and plugged my monitor in it then it was working but when i went onto the desktop it wouldnt detect my graphics card and it was use the minimum settings for all my things. then i try to install all the drivers and the graphics card and it said that there was no update for it and under my graphics it said i was using my integrated one when i had my monitor plugged in my graphics card so i disconnected everything put my monitor back into the intergrated video and i turned on my computer disabled it and tried to plug the 7600 back in and all it does it it goes to the loading xp screen and the screen turns black right after but it still loads to my desktop cause i can hear it when i turn my speakers on. would that still be a power issue??

well i dont think its the power supply cause lemme explain more indepth on what happened.at the beginning I had put the graphics card in and plugged my monitor in it then it was working but when i went onto the desktop it wouldnt detect my graphics card and it was use the minimum settings for all my things. then i try to install all the drivers and the graphics card and it said that there was no update for it and under my graphics it said i was using my integrated one when i had my monitor plugged in my graphics card so i disconnected everything put my monitor back into the intergrated video and i turned on my computer disabled it and tried to plug the 7600 back in and all it does it it goes to the loading xp screen and the screen turns black right after but it still loads to my desktop cause i can hear it when i turn my speakers on. would that still be a power issue??

try starting up in safe mode. I am having the same problem with an old card and older computer. sorry I thought you were trying to get the comp into the onboard vid.

I am thinking that could be hardware. If you are doing a fresh install of windows and you updated the bois and drivers for the vid card but still deos not work then the drivers either suck or its gotta be broken.

Well thats wut I think good luck.

yeah ive been trying to start it in safe mode too but it just gets stuck at a screen where its loading a bunch of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back