TechSpot

video card help

By jprime777
Apr 21, 2007
  1. i have a nvidia geforce4 video card, so i took my computer apart and plugged the card in. when i plug my moniter into the videocard slot it all goes black, anyhelp? there were 2 slots for a video card but one of them had a lot of wire running accross it and i didnt wanna unplug them

2. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Hi

Is your vid card plugged in completely?

3. jprime777

jprime777 TS Rookie Topic Starter

yes, its like my screen just turns off

4. Blakhart

Ok so does your system have onboard grafix that you used before the gf4 card?

5. Afandrafu

Afandrafu TS Rookie

Did you download the driver for the video card before you installed it. You must have a driver but if you cant see the screen to select it. i dont know what you should do.

6. jprime777

7. Blakhart

Are you running as a limited account? You probably need admin status to do driver installs and deletions.

8. jprime777

and how do i get admin status? the computer is mine i just have no idea what im up to

9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

lol I know this might be a noob question, but are you sure you have the right interface for the new card, just recently saw someone here that forced a card into the wrong slot.

10. jprime777

nope, the card went in rather easily, nice and snug

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.