Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithlessX

hi..i am new here in tis forum..i am a comp noob too..recently i had change my motherboard..and tis motherboard come wif a Intel(r) 82865G Graphic Controller

tis is my motherboard
http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4I65G&s=

heres mine comp spec
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) (2600.xpclient.010817-1148)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: P4i6G
System Model: P4i65G
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 502MB RAM
Page File: 296MB used, 933MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.0001.0904 32bit Unicode

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
DAC type: Internal
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_25721849&REV_02
Display Memory: 96.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4396 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

could anyone tell me is my motherboard is AGP or PCI-E?..
and is ATI Sapphire X1650 PRO 256MB and EVGA GF 7600GS 256MB suitable for my comp?..and is tis 2 graphic card better den Radeon 9250 GeForce Ti

nid help on changing graphic cards too..
help appreciated..=)..thx alots..

AGP
Card choice depends on your power supply.
List any info you have, ie: wattage, amps, make, model

damn..my motherboard was change by some other guys..i do nt have de detail..
i wanted to get tis X1650 PRO too..but its hard to find..
btw is ATI POWER COLOUR X1650 PRO same as Radeon™ X1650 PRO?

Please post your location.I have no shopping problems in
Eastern Canada.
btw is ATI POWER COLOUR X1650 PRO same as Radeon™ X1650 PRO?

ATI.com should have a comparison option.I don't recall seeing POWER COLOR.makeing my decision.
Post it's link.

zipperman said:
As for Video,get the genuine ATI version.not Saphire.
Eh? Why is that? Do they not have the same GPU? It's just dumb to pay more for a 'genuine' ATI card when Sapphire's version is exactly the same card and costs lesser. Do your research please.

@FaithlessX, open up your PC case and there should be a sticker on your PSU (Power Supply Unit). It should look something like this. Post a picture of it or type out it's specs, including the brand name. New video cards will need a good source of power and if your current PSU isn't able to provide that, then it'll most likely blow and take other components with it if it does so.
Also, PowerColor is a good brand, as are Sapphire, HIS Hightech, GeCube and GigaByte.

Thats my opinion

And MY answer to the posted question.From my experience with a
Radion Saphire 9600.
You comment was unnecessary.Post your recomendation.
:rolleyes:

thx..heres mine
Ac Input: 100-127/220-240v~7/3.5A 60/50 HZ
Dc Output: +5v-/20A MAX-12v-o.5A Max +12v1-10A Max
tats all i could get..

zipperman said:
You comment was unnecessary.Post your recomendation.
Of course it was necessary. One bad experience with a company doesn't mean they're bad. I've had one-time bad experiences with all companies, including OCZ, and I've always found them pretty good second time around. That is why I posted the thing about doing your research. You should try to know what third-party brands sell ATI video cards so you can recommend them to others. If you had known about PowerColor, then you would have also known of other brands like HIS and GeCube, and how ATI-branded video cards are more expensive than these others. I'm not trying to stomp on you or anything, but please recommend stuff that will genuinely help the OP, rather than having them waste more money than needed.

And about the recommendation, I'm going to give one based on his PSU, which seems to be rather weak. @FaithlessX, isn't there a +12V2 rating? 'Coz 10A is very low. In any case, how much can you afford to spend? And where are you going to buy from? I didn't find any Singapore-based hardware sites. You can buy from Directron though but you'll need to pay by check or wire transfer. Are you okay with that?

dere isn't a +12V2 rating but dere is a line tat rite +12v2-13A Max..i wanted to buy PowerColour ATI X1650 PRO 256MB DDR3 from simlim Square its cost S$139..i wonder if my comp could take it?
thx for the help guys..=)

No your PSU is inadequate and will probably blow if you tried to run the card on it. Get a new 450-500W PSU from Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, Enermax, CoolerMaster, Corsair, Silverstone, Fortron FSP or PC Power & Cooling and you'll be able to run the card fine.

erm..oki..so lets say i hav change my PSU and bought my graphic card..how do i set it so tat my graphic card can be use?..do i nid to change anything on my motherboard or do i just have to disable my intergrated graphic controller on control panel?

No

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Umm zipperman, do Canada Computers ship to Singapore? =S

But as you see i got a 512MB for less.He did quote $139's. for a 256MB.
So thats not Singapore money to compare.
Quote :
ATI-branded video cards are more expensive than these others.
Are you still sure they are
Heres what i got.So FaithlessX has to shop around like i did.
ATI X1650 PRO *** 256MB *** DDR3 from simlim Square its cost S$139..i wonder if my comp could take it?
$115.99 reg,special sale i bought for $109.22 Canadian
ATI Radeon X1650 *** 512MB *** DDR2
My mbd manual said it would take it.:D
Witch is better DDR3 or 512MB ?
I didn't see DDR3 at ATI.Is that a typing error FaithlessX ?
:D
I recommend 512.

@zipperman, this link tells you how much an ATi-branded X1650PRO costs compared to one from Sapphire or PowerColor. You bought yours very expensive methinks.

As for your link, I think they wouldn't but even if they did, I don't think they'd accept a credit card issued outside the USA, so he'd have to pay by wire transfer or check then.

Read page 1 again

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
@zipperman, this and this link tell you how much an ATi-branded X1650PRO costs compared to one from Sapphire or PowerColor. You bought yours very expensive methinks.

As for your link, I think they wouldn't but even if they did, I don't think they'd accept a credit card issued outside the USA, so he'd have to pay by wire transfer or check then.
I paid $ 109.22 CDN.Lowest i saw was $115.00.
And i didn't need to use Land Mail and pay the cost.Just a short drive from home to Canada Computers.
BTW it wasn't OEM.Complete boxed set.Manual and driver cd.
Besides ATI being not far from where i live for return.

I meant the NCIX link, not the PriceGrabber one (which I posted by mistake, I'll remove it now). There, the lowest price for an X1650PRO is about CAD 78 for a 512MB version.
@FaithlessX, that PowerColor card is okay, but you'll need a new PSU as I stated. Which one are you going to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back