Video card interfering with games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Hey everyone,
I know the title sounds kinda like a "Well duh Havok-of course a video card will interfere with a computer game" :D Its just I didn't really know of another way to name it.. But the problem I seem to be having has occurred right after I installed my new HD 4870. All my games I play, ( Like Mass Effect, Fallout-3 and even all the way back to Star Wars Battlefront) seem to eventually freeze up. The mouse seems to override keyboarding functions , for example, when I use the mouse to move the screen of the computer in the direction of my intended path of travel, as soon as I move the mouse my character will stop moving-even if I am holding down W or Up-arrow to move. Its quite irritating and I can't seem to find the source, its not V-Sync or anit-alliasing or Antistrophy and such. It may be that I just need to re-install all the games to match the new video card. Could be the mouse and keyboard set-up also...

Anywayzz I'm almost insane....but not quite just a little spun around in circles at the moment :confused:

Insight will be appreciated as always :D

Thanks~Havok

Ah, well that can be addressed :D
That'll be the first thing I do, I'm confident it will resolve the issue as well. I'll go to sapphire's website or the one through CCC and find the update :D

Thanks for the reply!
~Havok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back