Video Card Issue, Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everybody,

I got a serious problem with my video card: Geforce 6600 GT 128 DDR3. Whenever I start a game, the game will start first. My LCD monitor then shows "No Signal". After that, my machine will restart itself. I don't have any problem with runing any other applications, such as: AutoCAD.

I tried two games so far. One "Nascar Thunder 2004"; the other one is: "X2". Both of them came with the video card.

The configuation for my machine is:
Inter PIV 3.00 GHz
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
Kingston 1G Memory
Geforce 6600 GT 128 DDR3 Video Card
Dual LCD Monitor

I know this doesn't make sense. But trust me, it does happen to me. Would it be a conflict between the motherboard and the video card? How come the video card works fine with other applications but games?

Any comments will be appliciated.

Thank you, but...

Thank you for your input.

I did try to get the lastest Video Card driver & Motherboard Board dirver. But it is the same.

Could it be a Hardware problem? Or the machine wasn't install properly. Is there anything I missed? Or anything else I could try?

hi

What OS are you ruing?
Do you get an Error?

It could be that you might need to down load a patch but that wold show up with an ERROR for you

The only ohter thing i can thing it might be a bad VIedo card and you should see if it can be took back and get another one :hotbounce

Thank you all again.

My OS is: Windows 2000 Professional with service pack 4. If it is a video card problem, how come other program seems fine with that machine.

No idea.

Solved

I fixed the problem, for me at least. You have to connect the card to your power supply, even though it doesn't tell you to do that anywhere in either manual. Everything is running fine now. I hope this fixes it for you too.

Thank you, JanitorDestruct.

That slove my problem as well. Excellent Video Card.

You really make my day. Thanks a lot.

FENG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back