TechSpot

video card issues? or maybe something else, i need enlightenment

By renniel
Aug 19, 2007
  1. i just installed hitman blood money but when i ran it my pc restarts after the game intro. i think it has something to do with my video card, the game requires a directx 9 compliant graphics card supporting Pixel Shader 2.0 although i don't know what that is. i plan to upgrade and i would like to ask for some advice on what video card to choose or maybe im on the wrong path and there's other problem with my system. actually a newbie and not very good with hardware stuff. here's my specs. THANKS

Motherboard make/model: P4M266A-8235
    Motherboard graphic interface: AGP 4x
    Power supply make: ATX
    Power supply watts: 300W
    Power supply amps on +12v: 15A
    CPU: Pentium 4 2Ghz
    Ram: 640Mb DDR

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,714

If you are using the on-board graphics on your Via board it does not spec up to what the game requires to run.
    GeForce 7 series cards will support this - depending where you are I should find an on-line supplier and source a card there.

3. renniel

renniel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

i'm using ati radeon 7000, i think its not enough for the game and i plan to upgrade to radeon 9550 will it make a diffence? which is better anyway geforce or radeon?

4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,554

5. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 875

6. renniel

renniel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

ok guys thanks for the responses i guess i really have to upgrade video card.

7. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,670

u really need to upgrade the video card, PSU, and the Ram.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.