video card issues? or maybe something else, i need enlightenment

By renniel
Aug 19, 2007
  1. i just installed hitman blood money but when i ran it my pc restarts after the game intro. i think it has something to do with my video card, the game requires a directx 9 compliant graphics card supporting Pixel Shader 2.0 although i don't know what that is. i plan to upgrade and i would like to ask for some advice on what video card to choose or maybe im on the wrong path and there's other problem with my system. actually a newbie and not very good with hardware stuff. here's my specs. THANKS

Motherboard make/model: P4M266A-8235
    Motherboard graphic interface: AGP 4x
    Power supply make: ATX
    Power supply watts: 300W
    Power supply amps on +12v: 15A
    CPU: Pentium 4 2Ghz
    Ram: 640Mb DDR
  2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

If you are using the on-board graphics on your Via board it does not spec up to what the game requires to run.
    GeForce 7 series cards will support this - depending where you are I should find an on-line supplier and source a card there.
  3. renniel

renniel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

i'm using ati radeon 7000, i think its not enough for the game and i plan to upgrade to radeon 9550 will it make a diffence? which is better anyway geforce or radeon?
  4. almcneil

almcneil TS Guru Posts: 1,277

5. kpo6969

kpo6969 TS Maniac Posts: 710

6. renniel

renniel TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 16

ok guys thanks for the responses i guess i really have to upgrade video card.
  7. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

u really need to upgrade the video card, PSU, and the Ram.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.