video card issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

terongorefiend

ok.. for the longest time my nvidia 7300 was working properly, but now my comp. wont detect it. ive disabled my onboard video card re-installed the 7300 and made sure the card is fully seated. if anybody can help me...i wont have to destroy the world ty

Hi and welcome to Techspot!! :)

Before you destroy the world :)p), tell us what exactly happened. Did you move anything inside your computer? Did you add/remove software or drivers?

Regards :wave:

i will postpone the distruction

omg...humans, everyother thread woulddnt reply..TY!!!

ok as far as i know outside of the normal game installation nothing has been changed or installed , however i did reciently get a funky version of adobe photoshop

If you had no cataclysmic event, you probably have seen your 7300 reach the end of its useful product life. How good is your power supply, and cooling system. Is your board overclocked?

power supply im pretty sure its 125v, cooling idk how could i find out?

and btw the video card snaps to life once in a while like at the momment its working... i belive its a conflict between my onboard an my 7300

Did you disable your onboard video from the Device Manager or from the BIOS? It should be done from the BIOS. Also, try removing the card and cleaning the connectors with a pencil eraser and replacing it.

in the beginning i diddnt have to disable it at all, then when it went south i used device manager and i had sucess for a day then it died again

btw ..AGAIN my cpu switched back to the onboard
so no css tonight %$#%$

In your BIOS you may need to set 'Primary Display Adapter' to PCI-X. If you've already done this, and it keeps resetting itself you may need a new BIOS battery on your Motherboard.

@kenm, I'm sure you mean PCI-E. no? :)
@terongorefiend, your PSU is probably inadequate, since 125W (that's what I think you meant) is very low for a 7300. That's probably why it "comes to life" at random moments since it periodically receives enough power to start up.

At this point, I think it would be helpful to have either the brand and model, or the hardware configuration of your computer.
There are these 7300 video cards that I know: nVidia 7300 for HP M7680n. 7300 LE, 7300GT, 7300SE, and 7300GS... all with separate optimal operating requirements.
If you are using an HP computer, we need to know that due to its unique power supply.
Whatever configuration, it might be helpful to know what it is... also age, and whether you have cleaned the fans and cup heatsink.

its a emachines model:w3107 about 2 years old so tech support left me for dead

1.8ghz origionally 374mb ram, then i got a 512 booster, an then the video card,
ending out at 1GB (fast enough to play css yay!)

then one day i started the thing up and the monitor woulddnt come up w/ anything, so i switched ports to the onboard and it worked, then the next day the onboard port woulddnt work,so i switched back to the 7300, this went on for about 2 weeks then it only stated working on the onboard and only on occasion does it work on the 7300 anymore and when it does if i leave it idle for any period of time it goes into standby an when i press enter it reboots an when booted it comes up with a message saying "your cpu has recovered from a serious error"

the NVIDIA Gforce 7300:...dead screen, onboard:laagy game time

how do i access the bios?
what do i disable in device manager?
how can i tell what my power source is?

also whenever I boot an empty command prompt window titled "\document\owner\locals1\temp\registryfix.exe" comes up

Welcome to TechSpot Openboards :wave: ! Look at the thread in my signature and tell us the specs in the order shown by me, not the pics :D !

All the info that is given by the screenshots in cfitzarl's guide, namely the CPU, Mainboard, Memory & SPD info.

ok im pretty sure i have 75.8 amps

sry i diddnt really know what carergories they went in so im doing exactly what you told me not to do (going by picture).

name: AMD sempron 3100+

core speed: 1808.5

manufacturer: first international computer, inc.

model: k8mc51g

type: DDR

channels: single

size: 1024 MBytes

sorry again about the order of things

That model of eMachines has serious and fatal errors in large numbers. It is very possible that you will never get it working properly again... save the memory, hard drive, and 7300 because they will work in another machine or on a different motherboard.
If we are correct, and we have a great deal of experience in repairing that and similar model of eMachines, you will need to replace the motherboard and power supply. It will cost $159.95 plus shipping, and the failure can reoccur with a new motherboad.
You can replace the motherboard with a similar configuration by another manufacturer, but then it will be very difficult to get the hard drive to work. The WXP you have requires a tattoo on the eprom in order to boot. The three disc recovery disk set will not work without the tattoo.
Some users have been able to get the hard drive to work long enough to call Microsoft to re-certifiy Windows.
If it were mine, I would buy a new computer or a new motherboard with a copy of Windows XP.
Good luck to you. Please let us know what happens. I hope I am wrong.

ok....WAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

ok so if i have to scrap this one , what other cpu makes will my video card
be compatible with?

and is a memory stick compatible with any cpu?

idk why but i feel kinda happy lol

From what I can find, both your on-board video and that card use system RAM to augment thier operation; it is possible then that some of the ram you added is bad - run Memtest86 would be my suggestion, even if you have to remove 1-2 sticks and test each that way.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back