video card power issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

twite

so today i logged on to my comp as usual, it booted up, and then about 100 "power indicator" screens popped up. the screen reads "The nvidia System Sentinal is reporting that the Nvidia powered graphics card is not receiving sufficient power. To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows contnued safe operations." After my computer froze, i restarted it. i logged into techspot "now" and as i was logging in the 100 or so messages popped up again. i have a 450 W. stock power supply, and when i took the wattage test it said i was only using 230, so im not sure if it could be that. other system specs are in profile...thanks so much for all help

Well that 5700 ultra shouldn't be pulling too much power and your stock 450W should be able to handle it. With that being said though, these crappy PSU only put out 70% continuous power of the rated wattage. So 450X0.7 =335W. If it's old it maybe starting to go. You can replace it for pretty cheap <$50US

Make sure the card is seated properly. Pull it out and reseat it, clean it of all dust while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back