Video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, this is my first time on these forums, so sorry if i do something wrong here (wrong section or not supposed to be using capitalizations whatever) i have a xfx geforce 8600 gt 512 mb video card, i installed it into my tower, but whenever i connect my monitor to it, it has no signal, i have the requirements for it, yet, it doesn't work, a friend told me it could be defective, but i'm just making sure here, and if it is defective, any way to fix it? and it doesn't need to be connected to anything other than the pci-e slot

if it is defective u can RMA it. did u plug the power cord into it? try that first as I have seen that many times and actually did it once.

tell me what RMA is, as my video card does NOT need to be plugged into the PSU or some other cable, all i have to do with it, is just put it in the PCI-E slot and i'm done

You have to confirm you have a PSU that supports the power requirements, that has a power lead to connect to the card if required, that the card is fully seated in the correct slot, etc.

You TELL us!

:)

edit: I say this because the XFX site SUCKS in that you have to register to get data about their cards and support and to me, I reiterate, that SUCKS!

i have seen sites that say the minimum requirements for the card is 300-350 wattage, my current PSU is 500 wattage, and yes, i couldn't agree with you anymore that the XFX sucks lol, the card is FULLY seated into the slot and it has NO spots for me to connect the PSU to the video card

It has a "Lifetime limited" warranty so the suggestion to 'RMA' it is proper.

'RMA" = Return the Mother As soon as possible!

Or words to that effect.

edit: corrected a spelling error above BUT I would like to add you get what you pay for - a 512 Mb card for under $100 US dollars is NOT a good buy. Hell, the old BFG 6800 Ultra OC's had 256 Mb AND 256 bit interfaces and that card has 128 bit interface bottlenecking the whole card.

IMO anyway.

Never say DONE!

Take it to the store you bought it at OR contact the online site and be polite and say that it doesn't install and you would appreciate any and all help, etc.

Being polite costs zilch and works wonders.

BUT, be persistent and let them know you POST!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back