Video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom123

I just got a new radeon 9600 xt and when i put it in my computer and try to start up, the computer makes 1 long beap and 2 short beaps and doesnt start up.

I just checked your motherboard manual, and that card SHOULD be compatible (although your board only supports up to 4xagp, the card is backwards compatible.

I believe that beep code is saying video card failure. What bios does your system have? Award?

Also, what kind of PSU do you have in there? How many watts, and who is the maker? If it is not a dead-on-arrival card, it may simply be that it isn't getting enough power.

I would also try updating your chipset drivers and bios.

In system information it says the bios is made my phoenix technologies.

The psu is 250W, delta tech

I have already updated the chipset and bios

I would say the first thing u need to do is upgrade that power supply that is teribly small. a 400 or 450W would be much better

I don't know anything about that particular company, and for all I know it is a good one, but.... the fact that I don't know anything about it is not a good sign.

No-name PSUs are a nightmare, and cause extremely hard to diagnose system crashes.

Take a look at this thread before buying a PSU:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=792566

It was the power supply, i disconnected the cd drive from the pc and the video card worked fine. Thx for ur help :unch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back