video card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello there x3

i was wondering if someone can help me...

i have a Nvidia GeForce MX 4000 videocard AGP slot... and whenever i try to install the driver that came with the video card... it says that there is no compatible driver o_O... in belarc advisor under display it says "None Detected" the video card is already plugged in... I already tried downloading drivers from nvidia.com but still no luck @__@

the biggest problem is that... i cant play any games and whenever i watch videos in full screen some parts of it get pixelated and the sound is affected by it too...

im running on windows XP

`if this can help...

I think source of the problem is

VIA CPU to AGP controller

Conflicting device list:
Memory Range 000A0000 - 000BFFFF used by:
\Driver\VgaSave
Input/Output Range 03B0 - 03BB used by:
\Driver\VgaSave
Input/Output Range 03C0 - 03DF used by:
\Driver\VgaSave

i think thats the cause... but if im wrong... please do tell me how to fix my problem @__@

thank you

Hi

At boot up look for a message that says "press DEL or Fsomething" to enter BIOS/Setup.

In the BIOS find a heading for "Plug and Play OS" and ensure it is set to "Yes"

You will have to then remove the graphics card driver under Device manager and reboot, let windows come back up and it should install the drivers, or point it to the new updated ones you have.

if that doesnt work post back do a help search on the problem on your PC, MS has a guide on how to manually set memory allocation.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back