Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to PanicX, you helped with my last problem. The Mobo was shorting out , and now i have it sitting on a piece of cardboard. I cut it to the size of the mobo and put holes for screws and now you cant see the carboard and it doesn short out. Thanks again. Now for my next and last problem.

Ok, i have an ASUS A7n8X-X mobo, no integrated video, and a Radeon 7000. I put it into the AGP and it snaped in like its suppose to. When i turn the computer on and the monitor is on and pluged into it no picture. It's not the monitor, i checked it on another computer and it worked.

Please Help,
Thanks

I believe the 7000 has hydravision support, meaning it will have 2 video out's, 1 VGA, 1 DVI, often times I've seen the DVI as being set primary output on these cards. If it came with a DVI to VGA converter, try pluging your monitor into this port and see if you get picture. Other than that, try this card in a different computer and see if you get any results.

You're not getting any beep/error codes are you? Do you even see a BIOS screen or does your monitor report "no signal"? Does your monitor sit in power save mode (amber LED) or active (green LED)?

No BIOS at all. The monitor stays in power save mode (amber LED). Ive tried the monitor on another computer and it works so its not that, and no, no beeps or error codes.

I've tried reseating it once, i'll try again, and i dnt have another card i think I'm gonna get one though. What you think?

Ok, try booting barebones(this means boot with only the CPU, RAM, HDD(or you can use floppy and a boot disk), keyboard and mouse. If the problem goes away, you may have a power problem. If it doesn't go away, replace the card(this is why we needed another card to test) if the new card doesn't solve the problem, then the AGP slot may be defective.

i shorted the same board the other day and it was the ram slots that were knacked. try moving the ram to a different slot. or try the vid card in another pc if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back