Video Card Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptim

I have my spare computer in my shop, in my garage, I use it for music, and a little limited Internet usage, over the past month, we've had some Hurricanes and Storms. I use it probably once a month, I tried it over the weekend, the power supply was bad, I put a new power supply in, everything worked fine, except for my monitor, I tried the monitor "via" my laptop, it worked fine. I took the video card out and reinstalled it, still not working, I'm assuming my card is bad. Any thoughts, would be great.

Thanks

Remove the power cord
Take the addon Video card out
Hold in the ON switch for 30 secs
Put the card back in, securely
Plug in, turn on

Remove the power cord
Take the addon Video card out
Hold in the ON switch for 30 secs
Put the card back in, securely
Plug in, turn on

I tried this method, the monitor still doesn't come on. Should I go on the assumption that the video card is dead.

I put a new power supply in
Some addon Video cards have a power connector too
If you have re-fitted the card properly, and the Power Supply is new.

Then yes, I'd say, you are up to the addon Video Card
A simple test would be to use the onboard Video, with the addon out (if it has onboard Video)
Otherwise, yes I'd say the Video card too. (At this stage)

Edit:

Actually reset the Bios too (Just in case some setting has been corrupted)

After trying another video card, the monitor still doesn't work, so I tried another Motherboard, the video card still doesn't work. Is it possible the power supply is causing the problem, it was one I had lying around.

Yes it can be the PSU

But that's assuming that the Video cards are compatible with those motherboards
I don't want to check those specs out though, you just need to Google, and check for yourself

Yes it can be the PSU

But that's assuming that the Video cards are compatible with those motherboards
I don't want to check those specs out though, you just need to Google, and check for yourself

The MB worked fine before I changed out the power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back