Video Card Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am looking to get a new video card for my Dell 4600. I would mostly use it for lower end computer games such as Civ4 and the Total War series. I am unsure of what to get. I am currently looking at the HIS H130HMH128EN Radeon X1300 HyperMemory 512MB. Is this a good card? I am looking for a card under $100. Also, does anyone know anything about OCZ brand memory? I am looking to upgrade that as well.

I have a Dell Dimension 4600 pc with a 3.2Ghz proc. I currently have 512 of ram on it, but am going up to 1.5gb.
Thanks.

Hi, welcome to this great site. the ati x1300 would be a good choice for moderate gaming. just dont let the 512mb of memory fool you as its only DDR2(not as fast as DDR3) but should be more than adequate to play the games you want. as far as the ocz brand for memory, its a good choice, i personally have never tried it as i just made the switch from a generic to Corsair. From looking at reader reviews on some websites, OCZ seems to be a good buy. check out Newegg, they have a good selection. just match it up with what your mobo can support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back