Video card really pushing my buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesPromIII

I have done everything to try and keep this video card cooler, cleaned the fan, applied new thermal compound and I also opened the back off a PCI slot that isn't being used. It idles at 46 degrees and when it's under load it's around 60 degrees. I can't play a single game for over an hour without it giving me "no dvi input" and forces me to restart my whole pc. I have no idea what this graphics card problem is. It's a PNY 9600gt. Please someone enlighten me what i'm doing wrong or is the card garbage?

You could buy an aftermarket GPU cooler although I'm not sure if it would be worth it. If it is out of warranty, I would consider just buying another card.

60C on load should not be a problem. Actually those temperatures look really good when compared to mine. My 9800GT idles at about 55C and on load goes up to 80C depending on the game. I think the problem is something other than the temperature.

what Rit said, temperature is not the problem. 60C is really very cool temp under load. the 'no DVI input makes me wonder if the DVI port connection (the soldered connection between the DVI plug and the PCB) has broken loose.

Yah my EVGA 9800GT would push as high as 85c when gaming, and never once crashed. 60c is what shouldn't be a problem at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back