video card repair/replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javastring

I got inpiron 8600 and i opened it up and found that video card is causing my laptop to turn off as soon as i press power button. Without it computer works fine except no screen to show picture.

Does anyone know if there is any link where i can find information about repairing video card??? or i better off buying another one(afraid, coz costs a lot)???

Did you ever find a place that does repairs? Anyone know where I can pay to get my video card repaired? I have a GeForce 5700U I bought on Ebay and it doesn't work right. I got burned on the card but was wondering if there is anyone out there that does repair?

From all of my experience, and that dates way back to the integrated RIVA series and a company (the forefathers of graphics cards) called 3dfx, noone repairs them. You could try to contact the manufacturer and mail it to them, but chances are your best bet is to just replace the card.

Nordite,
please understand that repairing any video card, except for the very hi-end cards is not cost effective, for most 3rd-party repair centers. Cards that are called "refurbished" are factory repaired cards. Cut you losses and buy a replacment video card from a good honest company...

You don't repair video cards period.Unless you have a very expensive card/High end, which at this point you need to send back to the company to either be replaced or have them repair it. Depending on warranty

or buy a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back