TechSpot

Video Card Suggestion

By Jaeger
Dec 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a P.O.S. computer. It's old...it's so....old. You guys seem to know an exceptional amount of information on computers and ect. SO I'm dying to update my Xtasy GeForce ti4200 128mb 2x/4x AGP. Theres alot of nice cards out there that I would love to purchase however theres that whole "4x/8xAGP" shtuff and my computer is 4xAGP compatible..I have no Idea what that means. My mobo is an MSI MS-6528 so I was wondering if someone could give me the best Video-Card I could slap in this puppy. I should just give my specs eh?

MSI MS-6528
    Pentium 4 1.6ghz(Blegh I know)
    512mb DDR
    Windows XP Home Edition

Now I can't update anything else...hassle reasons..Just the video card. So if someone can post the best One I could use, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.
  2. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,623

the Nivida GeForce 6600 GT is a good card an I think it would work on that board, but you might need to let someone else to say for sure. a
    And you will need atlease a 300 wat PSU and a 350 would be better.
  3. Federelli

Federelli Newcomer, in training Posts: 382

Most AGP cards now are ok with 4x agp slots, they'll adjust automatically to 4x speeds. A 6600 GT is a good deal.
  4. Inconel

Inconel Newcomer, in training

6600gt is a good idea. However, if you want to spend a little bit extra try to find yourself a x800gto. Newegg is sold out now, but that would be a great upgrade for you. I would also try to encourage you to get new motherboard, cpu, ram and graphics card. For around 4-500 dollars, i know you would like it...if you ever change your mind send me an email.
  5. Jaeger

Jaeger Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

:grinthumb Thank you all for your help and info. You really prevented me from buying a piece of crap 5200 PCI:zzz: I couldn't get the 6600GT since I'm running a tight budget but I got a 6200 which should be enough I suppose. Anything is better then this I suppose. My Sincere thanks to you all once again.
  6. Jaeger

Jaeger Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

7. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.