Video card upgrade

By maddave
Sep 15, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy, wonder if you guys can help. was running a geforce 6600gt until it died, put back in an old fx5500 I had but decided it was time to upgrade, so I picked up an MSI 7300gt but it won't run, could it be my PSU isn't supplying enough power? got a HIPRO HP-p3507f5 and from post I've read earlier I believe 16a on the 12v rail ? Here are my other specs
    AMD Sempron (Thoroughbred)2400+
    core speed 1664.5 mhz
    Manufacturer Kobian
    model kvm 266pm
    chipset via km400
    memory 1280mb ddr

did I miss anything ?
    Maddave
  2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,262   +41

does the pc start up at all?

what about drivers, those installed?

does that thing come with secondary power connectors?
  3. maddave

maddave Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Video card

Thanks super, sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you but my pc has been in the shop, a mate suggested putting the card in and hooking the monitor up to the on board connection and seeing if the pc detected the card... nothing, wouldn't start up or anything, so put the old card back in but it still wouldn't boot, so had to admit defeat and take it to the shop, ended up just needing a bigger power supply, doesn't even need a power lead to the card even though there is a connection for one now, thanks again anyway
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.