Video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

themask446

Hi, I've had a problem with my new video card and I sorted it out with getting a new PSU.
Now the thing is that my pc restarts randomly. Let me be more specific:
When I'm playing different games,sometimes it just crashes to desktop with windows error or just restarts. Others times is when I listen to music with Media Player 11, It takes ussually more than an hour for it to restart.
The other thing that b**** me is when I use google and search for something the highlight should be blue right?It shows me red. I close the browser,re-open it, search for the same thing (let's say the word "dragon") and it highlights it with blue again..And it's random..Oh and the windows "welcome" screen is always reddish like..
I can live with that but the crashes. I can't play nothing more than 1 hour!
Please help!

Specs: Windows XP SP 2
1.5 GB Ram
Amd Athlon 2500 2.4 GHZ
Radeon HD 2600 512 MB
PSU 480 Watts

It might be your card going bad. Confirm this by either running the PC on onboard video or using another video card. Otherwise, an RMA would be in order.

Well I disabled the card through device manager and the highlight thing was gone. In a few hours I'll go over to a friends house and try putting my video card on his computer to check it out...
Damn it I'm trying to quit smoking (3 days now) and either I'm going to break my computer or light a ciggarete..I guess breaking my computer is cheaper..

Light up a cigarette wouldn't make your life a hell lot better. Sorry for wondering off the subject. I stopped smoking cold turkey for 13 months and feel nothing better. Best way to release stress is exercise like running. Good luck with your health and computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back