Video clips online won't play anymore...what did I delete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Okie

Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????

you'll have to explain a bit more.....are you not able to play videos online only or not any??if not then what error you're getting???which video card do you have??have you installed div x codecs etc?

Yes, have divx, can play video clips on my hard drive, just not the ones I find online. Not through firefox or aol. My graphics controller is an Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV. I have tried reloading my AOL also. Never had this problem before.

I don't get an error message, it just sits there and doesn't load. Black screen on the media player. I do not hear any audio either.

Check the security settings in Media player,IT and Firewalls ,some of them will stop un-signed or unregistered(un-licensed streams)
Make sure you turn off the the search for valid license.

it might be because of a slow connection or windows media player settings check them out in wmp->tools->option and checking all your settings.try launch.com or movies.yahoo.com they both have excellent streaming services.your problem might have been on the server's side also try again or at lower speeds to see.

Question... are the media files ONLY not playing from online, like through steams or is it media video clips in general?

If it's not playing at all, something might have changed something to revert to localhost or some other specific address in your HOST file (no extension on that). Run search for it and look at it and see what's listed. Maybe in the course of blocking the virus or whatever you had, it scrambled something in there as well or so. I dunno... just guessing. Either that, or maybe its' set to go through a proxy or whatever program you used is filtering it. Did you try uninstalling whatever program you installed to try to rid the viruses off?

Well, I checked all the setting I know how to check and disabled firewalls... No change. Ran windows cleaner and after reboot AOL installed some new files "necessary to play this media" and now clips play fine. Dunno what the problem was, but it's gone now. Thanks for all your input everyone!

Little help

I have a similar problem that's got me stumped. :mad:
My media player (9) works great for video/music that I have downloaded, but when I try to play video within my Internet browser (IE6.0), for instance to watch a news video or msn video, it won't play. Just sits there. On any site I go to. Any thoughts on this?

Please help, i seem to be having the same problem. i can't view any online media content via WMP.

maybe i deleted the RADIO toolbar under Advanced Uninstaller Pro 2006. could that have been the cause?

i've had this problem before, and resolved it by eventually formatting my hard drive.

p.s. i can play all media content before, and right now, i can only play them on my desktop i.e. only not online.

Irish Okie said:
Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????
I have ZoneAlarm and if any the Cookie control or the Ad blocking or the Mobile Code Control is enabled I found no online videos would play they just won't load. Worth a try anyway.

I have the same problem. Windows Media Player says error downloading codec. The files are downloaded from the net. They used to play well. Now there is only sound, no graphics. Even without internet connection, I have played them. Now I am wondering what happened.

Have any of you who have this problem all the sudden installed the VEOH player? I have the very same issue, and it started immediately after installing thier player, on both my systems, and if affects firefox as well as IE. uninstalling and reinstalling Flash makes no difference. I think it's VEOH player causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back