Video Combination

Status
Not open for further replies.

triggert

Planning on getting a A7N8X w/ a 2800+ within the week. Just hoping someone could tell me what the best video card would be to run with this.

Thanks,
William T. Thompson

it's speculative at best

the new geforce can hang with the radeon 9800 pro.......for me it's been nvidia............no issues like you read all over the place with the radeon........but, by the time you buy it, the new cards will be out...............your motherboard should have the equivalent to a geforce mx onboard.........it might be prudent to use it temporarily until then............and, the barton 2500+ overclocks on that board rather easily to a 2800+..............you couls also do that on the temp until the 3000+ comes down....but, if any of this is not an issue.........get the 3000+..........it overclocks better than the 400 fsb 3200+.....because of it's multiplier...........and, out performs the p4 3 gig processor when overclocked to 2.4 gig......read the review on http://www.aceshardware.com

I'm a little leary about overclocking, never messed around with that. I'm just looking for something I can buy that will run pretty damn good. Will the 3000+ run on the A7N8X board?

Also, when are the new cards do out? And what kinda price are we talking here? From what I've read the 9800 Pro is $400 and thats starting to push it for just a video card.

Thanks,
William T. Thompson

There are several people who has no problem running ATI cards on that board, and there are some that have... Dunno why... :-/

I wouldn't go with any of nvidia's new cards with it though...
They're either too slow (GF FX 5800) or very expensive (GF FX 5900U (and also not on the market))...

I think the best deal now if a Radeon 9700pro... It's much cheaper than the 9800pro, but still packs enough of a punch so you won't have to change it very soon...

That's my recommendation anyways...

JSR> Can you please start formatting your posts a bit better?
It is quite hard to make sense of what you're saying.. A bit more text to explain things, and some more use of the "enter" (or "carriage return") button wouldn't do any harm...

.02$

What type of Radeon would you recommend? I've seen Sapphire and ATI for example...they could be one in the same for all I know but I remember when I bought my last vid card there were of alot of different people putting them out. So could you specify a good one to get?

Thanks,
William T. Thompson

If you're into overclocking your card, Gigabyte or Hercules may be the right choice, they provide extra cooling for some overclocking. Otherwise a Sapphire would be nice. I would try to avoid ATI, they are a bit dear compared to Sapphire, Gigabyte and Hercules.

Originally posted by triggert
What type of Radeon would you recommend? I've seen Sapphire and ATI for example...they could be one in the same for all I know but I remember when I bought my last vid card there were of alot of different people putting them out. So could you specify a good one to get?

Thanks,
William T. Thompson

Saphire makes ATI's boards, so they are one is the same as far as quality is concerned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back