TechSpot

Video Converter Question

By Doctor Gallop
Mar 8, 2007
  1. I am looking to buy a Video file converter and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good "inexpensive" program that is very easy to use.

I have files like .FLV that I want to switch over to MPEG's so I can watch them on my DVD Player.

Thank you.

2. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Well I would recommend CucuSoft, but others here may banish me if I do. You may want to use the search feature on this site. I have seen this question asked several times in recent months but I cant remember the posts. I have used CuSoft with great sucess for my needs. Not sure if it handles .flv files or not.

3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

I found this page for online FLV files but I dunno if that's what you want. And FYI, I think Cucusoft doesn't convert FLV formats.

4. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,393   +108

Blaze Media Pro I find is easy to use and convert media from AVI to MPEG or AVI to WMV or MPEG to AVI or MPEG to WMV or WMV to MPEG or WMV to AVI it also does Xvid-MPEG4. Video comes out clear and the same as the orginal size was. Then second you could try MainConcept MPEG Encoder Software takes AVI to MPEG1/2 good to use on PAL media to NTSC. Faster the CPU the quicker it completes.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.