Video Distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new here but my computer isnt, i built it 6 or 7 years ago and just upgraded it 3 yrs ago. I try to play games like warcraft 3, and knights online and maple story but the colors change to red and the wrods are distorted and looks funny. But the games still play just fine. I meet all system requirements.
i have a AMD Anthlon 1000MGZ processor
128 MB geforce fx5200
i dont see the problem why its doing that. the words arent distorted on warcraft though. Sometimes the picture goes right but then just messes up again. i have te lates drivers for the video card. PLEASE HELP ME i wnat to play my games with clear picture.

Maybe i need to just upgrade again

32MB of VRAM is very low for any game, let alone Warcraft. A good cheap card like a 256MB MX440 or a 9600XT will do wonders.

Maybe it's the cable then? Sometimes if the monitor cable gets moved even a bit the picture gets messed up. This is especially true of old CRT monitors. Try that and see if it helps.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Maybe it's the cable then? Sometimes if the monitor cable gets moved even a bit the picture gets messed up. This is especially true of old CRT monitors. Try that and see if it helps.

tryed that didn't work and i have LCD 17'' flat screen monitor with audio video input i doubt thats the prob.

could it be my motherboard to old for the video card cause when i upgraded i never changed that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back