Video Editing Software Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

be_patient

Hi all!
i have a mate who is interested in performing very basic video editing. Now unfortunately i don't know anything about his computer except that its a p4 1.8 with 512mb ram and is running win XP. so i was just wondering... does anyone have any ideas about some software used to edit videos. Just crop and join really. No effects.

Freeware would be sweet, but is willing to spend a little bit of money!
but most importantly it needs to run on a fairly low end pc. (i mean he tells me windows movie maker lags. :S) Personally I've only used higher end software so i don't even know where to bgein.

any one think of anything that would help him out!

thanks
be patient

VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod

I've found they have a fairly steep learning curve, but there are countless tutorials around. Both are free.

will check those out thanks... but premiere? isnt that pretty cpu intensive?!

be_patient said:
will check those out thanks... but premiere? isnt that pretty cpu intensive?!
Yup.
Just use VirtualDub for cropping videos (Adobe Premiere will cost you a lot anyway) - it's what I use to do it AND it's FREE :D. Then I use WinAVI (You must buy it) to convert it into a WMV format to stream online.

champion! thats exactly what hes after!

thanks heaps

be patient

Womble MPEG-VCR works greats on MPEG1/2 stuff if you want quick edits cuts and etc.. That can be saved quickly.

SNGX1275 said:
Will Windows Movie Maker not do that?
Well it only works in WinXP either without service pack or just service pack 1.
I know it definitely does not work with Service Pack 2.

When you load the video into the timeline part, it'll lag for a while then the program will crash with a codec error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back