Video Editing Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scolaire

I'm looking for some recommendations on video editing software. I have a windows-based laptop. A quick google around leads me to believe that adobe premiere elements is good but I'd like to hear your thoughts before I get it. Thanks.

You ever done video editing?

I personally haven't used Premiere elements, but Adobe Premier is a pretty professional program, and not very easy to use. The Elements version might be a consumer version of the program, and therefore easier to use.

If I'm after a quick job, I'd use Studio 10. Its very straightforward, drag and drop kinda thing (even with effects). That's something to consider.

Also, Windows XP has its own video editing program. Doesn't let you do too much, but it has all the basic functions. And its free (assuming you've got XP)

I've done a bit before, edited a few short films but nothing fancy. Do you know if xp's program lets you dub audio onto the file you're editing?

Premier is professional / or you can try a free/shareware one from www.download.com , just type video editing in search field,, Try em out until you see one dats simple to use for u, gl,

I have used Pinnacle Studio 9 and 10 for a number of years now. It works very well for me, producing travel videos. I did look into (free) Windows XP Movie Maker II some time ago. Found it to be basic with limited output. As far as I recall, it would only create Windows Media Player files and does not have a feature to cut DVDs.

Mictlantecuhtli said:
What kind of editing do you want to do?
Just the basic stuff really, putting different clips together, audio dubbing, putting in titles, possibly subtitles. Thanks for all the replys! I'll look into pinnacle in a minute. Quick question: Firewire cables? Are there any that are S-Video to firewire? AFAIK the (old) camcorder the school has doesn't have a firewire connection. I was looking at it today and although I know next to nothing I do know it's old. Any other way to get the film onto a computer?

I think the Pinnacle Studio 10 would be perfect for you.

You should be able to use any program to capture the video. As long as the video is on your HDD (preferably in .avi format), you should be able to open it on the program, and edit from there.

If you still need that S-Video to firewire, I don't think there's a direct way to convert that. You'd need to plug it into something else that'll output via firewire. I personally use my new camcorder to do that (input into new camcorder, and run the firewire. A little tricky, you'd have to consult your manual for that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back