video format help

Status
Not open for further replies.

yarn_to_be_spun

hey anyone...
I have adobe premiere and have a camera without a firewire. So I installed the AllInWonder Radeon hardware. The video can be captured good enough, but when I try and play it or import it to my editing program (premiere) or even to edit it, the program closes or the video is choppy as hell. It slows up the whole PC and it prevents me from editing it. Any ideas? Please help

This PC has an 80G HD um...Compaq presario 7500 1.8 Ghz processor. Is that enough? It's a new computer, it shouldn't have a problem I have plenty of space on my HD. Hope this helps

this could be because of a number of things-bad capture,driver issue,virus,damaged file,bad encoding etc..first of all how much ram do you have,your pc might not be able to handle the editing program because of less or faulty ram.second what format is the video in?is it compressed in mpeg2/4,divx,xvid etc.find out how are they encoded.also can your editing program open any other file?this might limit the problem to your file alone and not the program.

I'm appreciating the help here...thanx. Um The program (Adobe Premiere) I have already used to play slides, audio, and some smaller captures thru the AllInWonder. The video it always plays choppy and slow. The file I'm trying to play is just a Movie File (mpeg). I'm can't remember how much RAM I have, and I can't remember how to check. I think the program may be faulty a little, but I have no idea how to fix it. Thanx again man

well the way you check you ram is -first it shows up on bootup on the very first screen,also you can right click on my computer and select properties teh third line of your computer should display the amount of ram you have.adobe premier might be faulty but it might also be some drivers.can you run the encoded file in windows media player?if no then the problem is with the file.ati all in wonder uses software encoding to compress captured videos and is not that efficient,if you are not satisfied with your capture card and find out that is the reason for poor and choppy capture,then consider a hauppage pvr 150(also called wintv pvr)for about 60-70$ they use hardware encoding(the compression is done by a native chip on the card itself without putting any stress on the processor)this also allows it to give one of the best captured quality in its price range better than an ati all in wonder.well,that might solve your jerky video problem but that might not be the only problem you might want to try and reinstall the drivers and the premier program and while your at it run a scan for any thing hogging up your resources in the background like a malicious worm or virus.

wow...man thanx for this help. I don't know if it will work, and not sure i want to give up on ATI just yet, but I'll consider it. This PC has 256MB for RAM and yes the file does play on Media Player, but it is still a touch choppy even on there. But I'll keep this page updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back