Video/Monitor problem... help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylerp

Hey guys, I haev a Emachines T6420 model and I purchased a Geforce 7300GS to replace my Geforce 6200 until I buy a new PC in the near future. The problem is, I installed my video card correctly (fan ws spinning so it has power) and when I plug my monitor into the card it doesnt work... I just get a plain black screen (nothing). But... later that night i looked on the back of the box and noticed that the sticker on the box and te sticker on the card were different by one number... Could this have anything to do with it? It said check before you purchase but I didnt even know that existed on te back of the box. My monitor works absolutely fine on my onboard. It just wont get any video from the card slot. Any help I would be greatly thankful.

Thanks again, Tyler

Did you disable the onboard Video in the BIOS before you installed the video card..

I don't know which PC you have or MOBO?
You need to remove this new card first.
Next connect back to the old onboard vga or dvi
Next Reboot the PC
Press F1, F2 sometime the delete key to get into the BIOS. You have to look at the screen it will tell you what to press. Or look at the manual for the PC or MOBO (motherboard)

Once you go into the BIOS you have to look for onboard devices. There you can enable or disable again. You might have a settings that said Onboard or AGP slot choose the slot your going to use for your new video card. Onboard Video in your case disable and remove any shared RAM for video also.

Next save the settings then the system should reboot... Now turn off your PC an unplug the power cord. Re-install the new Video Card. Connect the cable back to your Monitor to your New Video Card. Close up the case cover, connect the power back.

Try it again...

I cant get into the BIOS screen.... im hitting delete and F1 over and over nothing happens

i changed my bios settings to pci and noithng happens i am so fed up with this i cant take it

Check my guide for video cards below in my signature and follow step 3 and tell us your power supply wattage and amperage.

Who makes the PC?

HP - F10 or ESC
DELL if del you would press F2
Clones F1, Delete, F2

Is that what you have a PCI Video Card? or AGP or PCI Express? Which one it should say on the Video Card Box?

i have a emachines t6420, pci-e x16 slot. i have a geforce 7300 GT. I keep getting a black screen when plugging into vid card. i got into bios and changed it from onboard to pci-e (only 2 options )

tipstir said:
Who makes the PC?

HP - F10 or ESC
DELL if del you would press F2
Clones F1, Delete, F2

Is that what you have a PCI Video Card? or AGP or PCI Express? Which one it should say on the Video Card Box?

It says PCI-E on the video card box. My computer has a PCI and PCI-E X16 slot... I have tryed almost everything. I can get the onboard video card to disable. ( in device manager ) and i can change it in BIOS. I can also change the onbaord to PCI-E in BIOS, but when change it to PCI-E and shut down, install card, plug monitor into video i still get no screen? I just dont get it anymore? What am i doing wrong! Please help!

cfitzarl said:
Check my guide for video cards below in my signature and follow step 3 and tell us your power supply wattage and amperage.

All that I know of that is that I have a 300w supply that came with the PC... The box says minimum of 300w. ( Geforce 7300GT, upgrading well TRYING to upgrade from my crap onbaord Geforce 6100... Playing Fist person shooters getting 10-20 FPS just doesnt cut it..

tipstir said:
I don't know which PC you have or MOBO?
You need to remove this new card first.
Next connect back to the old onboard vga or dvi
Next Reboot the PC
Press F1, F2 sometime the delete key to get into the BIOS. You have to look at the screen it will tell you what to press. Or look at the manual for the PC or MOBO (motherboard)

Once you go into the BIOS you have to look for onboard devices. There you can enable or disable again. You might have a settings that said Onboard or AGP slot choose the slot your going to use for your new video card. Onboard Video in your case disable and remove any shared RAM for video also.

Next save the settings then the system should reboot... Now turn off your PC an unplug the power cord. Re-install the new Video Card. Connect the cable back to your Monitor to your New Video Card. Close up the case cover, connect the power back.

Try it again...

What did you mean by "remove any shared RAM" ?

tylerp,
get yourself another power supply and try it. No matter what Emachines says, their systems are less than good, and this goes for the power supplies too. A better supply, even if it is the same wattage, will probably work well for you

Tmagic650 said:
tylerp,
get yourself another power supply and try it. No matter what Emachines says, their systems are less than good, and this goes for the power supplies too. A better supply, even if it is the same wattage, will probably work well for you

I guess I could try power supply... but I dont see how this could be the issue.

tylerp said:
I guess I could try power supply... but I dont see how this could be the issue.

Of course you can't see how this could be a power supply issue. You're an Emachines owner. Emachines are designed to barely work with their original hardware. You are trying to add something that just might push this emachines closer to the trash bin... Try another power supply

Ok thanks for the help dude, one more thing. Should I take it to a local computer shop and see if im just missing something first or just go ahead and buy it?

tylerp said:
Ok thanks for the help dude, one more thing. Should I take it to a local computer shop and see if im just missing something first or just go ahead and buy it?

Yes,
go ahead and take it to a computer shop... it won't hurt to do this

Good to see others have help you, when I am not around. PSU you can get that anywhere, try local stores first, most office stores like Staples, Officemax, Office Depot do carry them. You can return it also. I don't recommend Compusa they have a crazy restocking fee to pay on returns.

If you can get 400, 430 or even 500 watt PSU, don't get 350 just not enough to power a lot of devices..

Look HERE to see if your power supply is, in fact, powerful enough. I do recommend a new psu though if you have an eMachines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back