Video playback freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new graphics card (Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600PRO 256Mb).

Ever since, I have been experiencing problems with video playback. Video playback works perfectly fine if I just watch it from the start, but whenever I try to skip to a different part of the video, the playback just freezes. The computer still works fine and I can simply press stop and start watching again with no problems, but it is quite annoying that I can't skip. If I skip enough times, it eventually works, but often with no sound...

Any suggestions?

divxbr said:
I just bought a new graphics card (Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600PRO 256Mb).

Ever since, I have been experiencing problems with video playback. Video playback works perfectly fine if I just watch it from the start, but whenever I try to skip to a different part of the video, the playback just freezes. The computer still works fine and I can simply press stop and start watching again with no problems, but it is quite annoying that I can't skip. If I skip enough times, it eventually works, but often with no sound...

Any suggestions?

Did you install card driver ? Maybe, your new video card drivers has changed your some video stream files.

Sure did. The newest ATI drivers and Sapphire drivers created problems with Directx 9.0c, so I reverted back to the drivers on the CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back