Video Playing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintybreath

First off, Hi. Im new to the board. :)

Now to my problem. I am having this problem with my computer when i try to play videos. When i try to play a video, my computer opens up Windows Media Player 11 to play a video, as it usually does.
The only problem is that the video doesnt show, only the audio is played. Ive googled the problem and cant find anything more than the answer of, "Download these Codecs"
Which I did, and it still doesnt play on windows media player or the Klite codec software. It does, however still work on the Zune Software, but that takes some time to load, and doesnt load as default video browser. I may just make that default if i cant fix it.
If anyone could solve my problem it would very much be appreciated.
If you need my specs too i can offer those.

Dint Work

That still didnt work. It showed the black screen again while still playing the audio. Then at the end it showed an error encounter message that closes the program.
Any other solutions?

Thanks for the help by the way

It looks as though that Klite codec thing is causing the problem, all the media players are huddling to use it's codecs. Try uninstalling it and see if they play.

dint work

That didnt work either.
So now im at the point where i have uninstalled the Klite codec pack, installed the FDDshow thing you told me to do.
Same problem. Any more advice anyone?

Did i stump you guys? :(
Does anyone have ANY idea as to what is wrong?

Maybe ill try tech support. They never seem to help me though. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back