Video Problem - Need a BIOS Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeAdCrAb KILLA

I am having a problem with my video adapter. (6800GT OC [AGP]) Once the card was (correctly) installed, I was getting these tiny colored "speckles" on the screen. No matter how hard I tried to fix it (change settings etc.) or to get help, I was unsuccessful. Anyway, the subject of finding a BIOS upgrade for my system came up. My BIOS is already 2 years outdated or whatever so I thought that it might be a good idea. I just want to know if it will fix the "speckles." The good news is that I have the BIOS already but I have not yet installed the upgrade. It seems that there is a lot of risk involved and the instructions also seem very hard to follow. I am very edgy about going through with it. First of all, my original BIOS must be backed up onto a boot disk. I have NO idea how to do this. I don't know how to obtain the original system BIOS. The instructions are also very confusing. Secondly, I have to make a boot disk for the upgrade. Is there some kind of online tutorial that I could follow? My main concern is if this will fix my display problem.

It is very doubtful that this will fix your problem.I would only do it if the problem is specificly mentioned in the BIOS update.As you've found the update,go back and check all the previous updates to see if a fix is mentioned.

It is more likely that the card itself is the problem,the drivers,or is heat related.Is it a new card?

info

What motherboard do you have? Which BIOS? Need more system info. BIOS update probly won't fix it, unless BIOS mfr says update repairs video issues :)

6800gt Oc (agp)

The card is brand-new and right out of the box. I'm thinking that I need to upgrade my PSU. I think the card may need more power. My PSU is relatively weak in comparison to other units and I have added many components to my system since I bought it. What do you think?

Could be. But without knowing the brand and wattage of the PSU you are talking about, it's hard to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back