Video Problems with windows xp x64

By omniox
May 23, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Do you have Video problems in Windows XP x64...Then Read this Nvidia Users

Ok I just installed Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Trial. Everything works great all the drivers are updated Windows is updated all drivers are x64. But when I run games like Call Of Duty 2, First Encounter Assault Recon (FEAR) I get a blank screen but can hear the sounds of the game playing. I have installed all AMD X2 support Drivers and Video drivers. I have pasted my Dxdiag information below but to me everything looks great besides

Display Tab 1: The file nv4_disp.dll is not digitally signed, which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs (WHQL). You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer.

But that driver is right off Nvidia's web site for the Windows XP x64 Driver.

Any clues?

since I can not put my entire Dxdiag here I will put it on a link.

http://www.geocities.com/jensen_305/DxDiag.txt
  2. omniox

omniox Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

After Searching the forums I found others with the same problems...When ever someone says Windows XP x64 everyone runs...There is usually never another post if there is a first. So I would assume that I am stuck.

But if there is anyone that could help please do so I will check often since its not like I am playing any games. :p
  3. omniox

After patching EQ2 this so far is the only game that works and it is also x86 game.

Just cant figure out why I cant play all the other games.
  4. omniox

No help from the forum lead me to believe that I was not going to get help...So I found a solution

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp64_77.72.html

Is the driver needed to Fix the games that dont show video but you can hear the game playing...

x64 users only.

If this helped you reply plz
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.