Video Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousef

Hi Guys.......

New member here, I have recently had to reformat My hard drive, and since then i dont seem to get the same video playback quality that i used to.

I am wondering wether this is because I have to reinstall any drivers for my Graphics Card? Maybe that sounds dumb but i dont know!... :(

If that is what i have to do then could someone help me please? Or maybe someone could tell me what another reason may be.

If i need to find out what Graphics card i have, then Can i do this without, opening up my tower?

Any help or pointers would be seriously appreciated, as video playback at the moment is pathetic, Jittery and unenjoyable.

Hope this thread is in the right area and I hope Someon can help me.

This site looks awesome and reliable and i have already added it to my favourites, as i might be back again soon. :chef:

Thanks Iron.....Sorry to be a nuisance....I got Everest, installed it.....Now what?

What am I looking for within that?

Told you i was a newbie....But i was on the right track....lol

Under Display. You'll find something like GPU and on this page there should be a live link to card makers site. There you'll look for drivers to suit your card and OS.

IronDuke said:
Under Display. You'll find something like GPU and on this page there should be a live link to card makers site. There you'll look for drivers to suit your card and OS.

Thanks dude.....were nearly there.

What i have is a SiS 330 Mirage Integrated ......But it isnt listed On the SiS website.......am I stuffed?

MOBO? Mother board? Ok i think that would make sense
thanks for ur help!

I might be back.............................lloll

I got a CD that came with my mother board Will that do thr trick? Am i in any danger in trying it?

Ok now im really lost.

I have am ASRock Motherboard.....I been on the site but it makes little sense to me....I dont want to download the wrong thing.........Can anyone help me?

If you go to this page you can download the manaul which will be useful to refer to. Then click on the IE for your motherboard. Here you'll find the graphics drivers. Had you given the model someone could have been of even more help.

Read Howard's welcome page.

1. Put your Asrock CD in the optical drive.
2. Click "start" on the task bar.
3. Go to "Settings".
4. Go to "Control Panel".
5. Double click on "System".
6. In this window, to the tabs at the top click on "Hardware".
7. Click on "Device Manager".
8. In the device listing double click on "Graphic Card". It may have another name like "Video Card" or something of the sort.
9. In the following pop down, directly below the "Graphic Card" or "Video Card" you double clicked on, double click on the device that appears.
10. In this window, to the tabs at the top, click on "driver". It should be the middle tab.
11. Go to the buttons and click on the button "Update".
12. There will appear a window that says something like " Hardware update assistant". Click the choice that tells you to "Install software automatically", then click continue at the bottom.

This is where the computer will look for the drivers to install. The system will find the drivers on the CD and present to you a few following windows. Just keep clicking "Continue" until you see the computer installing the driver. There may come some window that says this driver is not tested or something of that nature, just click "Continue". Sorry about the guessing on the language of the commands, but I am an American living in Germany and I am using the German version of Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back