TechSpot

Video Streaming NOT Working

By Alejandroe84
Apr 20, 2007
  1. Hey there, Let me try to get to the point here.

First, I'm a noob, so I'm not that keen on scripts or what not.

Second, my CPU is as folllows:

EmachinesT5026
    mobo: D915GAG
    Windows Vista Home Basic
    Soundcard : Realtek ALC860
    Display Adapter # 1:Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)
    Display Adapter #2:RADEON 9250 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)
    Network Adapter:Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Noteables:
    Webrowser Aplications: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, Firefox Beta 2.0.0.3
    Firewall settings are "open", and is on "not recomended" settings.
    Reinstalled Realplayer, Windows Media Player 11, and Quicktime

Third, I Know have the most update versions of Realplayer, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime Player. I went to all the settings to check it out. So, please I know I have "updated" versions.

Fourth, My fierce issue her is that I am not, as you can notice by my title ,cannot view any video straeming on ANY websites. When I visit sites, it comes up with either an x in a little box(for audio streaming). Or when I visit FOXNews Sites, I click on the video and nothing happens(no pop up, etc.), I click properties, and it it shows that its an IMG. file. <------my biggest issue. No Video recognition. I believe part of the problem is that My OS does not recognise Windwos Media Player, RealPlayer, etc.WHY?

As you can see by my discription, I havea all updates, and I updated my "Windows Update". Settings too.

Any ideas? Any concerns? I have already contacted my manufacturers website, and they could not figure ou the issue. And only Sending my to: e4all.com - and of no use.

Please once again, any help would be plausable, I would like to see video, PS:, I went to youtube, and everything is FINE. My OS does not recognise any Realplayer, Windows Media Player 11. etc.

Thanks, A lil boy in dire help. Alejandro(Alex)

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,929   +167

Hello Alex, Welcome to Techspot...

go to Add/Remove programs and select "Set Program Access and Defaults", Microsoft Windows and restart. See if you can view streaming video then

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.