Video Streaming NOT Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, Let me try to get to the point here.

First, I'm a noob, so I'm not that keen on scripts or what not.

Second, my CPU is as folllows:

EmachinesT5026
mobo: D915GAG
Windows Vista Home Basic
Soundcard : Realtek ALC860
Display Adapter # 1:Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)
Display Adapter #2:RADEON 9250 (Microsoft Corporation - XDDM)
Network Adapter:Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection

Noteables:
Webrowser Aplications: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2, Firefox Beta 2.0.0.3
Firewall settings are "open", and is on "not recomended" settings.
Reinstalled Realplayer, Windows Media Player 11, and Quicktime

Third, I Know have the most update versions of Realplayer, Windows Media Player, and Quicktime Player. I went to all the settings to check it out. So, please I know I have "updated" versions.

Fourth, My fierce issue her is that I am not, as you can notice by my title ,cannot view any video straeming on ANY websites. When I visit sites, it comes up with either an x in a little box(for audio streaming). Or when I visit FOXNews Sites, I click on the video and nothing happens(no pop up, etc.), I click properties, and it it shows that its an IMG. file. <------my biggest issue. No Video recognition. I believe part of the problem is that My OS does not recognise Windwos Media Player, RealPlayer, etc.WHY?

As you can see by my discription, I havea all updates, and I updated my "Windows Update". Settings too.

Any ideas? Any concerns? I have already contacted my manufacturers website, and they could not figure ou the issue. And only Sending my to: e4all.com - and of no use.

Please once again, any help would be plausable, I would like to see video, PS:, I went to youtube, and everything is FINE. My OS does not recognise any Realplayer, Windows Media Player 11. etc.

Thanks, A lil boy in dire help. Alejandro(Alex)

Hello Alex, Welcome to Techspot...

go to Add/Remove programs and select "Set Program Access and Defaults", Microsoft Windows and restart. See if you can view streaming video then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back