video streaming on port 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

javastring

I have WMS server running on port 80. I have login and password too.

It works fine with from any public network or other friends home but at work when i try to access it goes upto login page, once i enter login username and password nothing comes.

Any idea?

that's right server is at home. and as i said if i access from normal network it works find.

Beside all streaming is done on port 80 only.

work computer does have all updates. I can stream other videos such as CNN news videos without any problem at work; just not my homes.

Maybe ask the IT people at your workplace whether they have put some invisible proxies or network filters in place?

That's true what nodsu has said a lot of companies network server team can tell you what to do or not to do. They have alot of protection against what your doing, if they didn't then everyone at work would like to do the same. But the best bet is to find out from the source at work. Is this work related or not? That's what their going to ask you?

for some reason i cant ask IT.

one unknown person has same setup as mine; means he has windows media server and his streaming works fine at my company.

I believe its just some specific coding in html page or server itself that needs to be changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back