TechSpot

Video Trouble

By Wolfleader
Jun 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. for some reason my laptop expanded everything to a much larger size that it is suppoused to be, when i checked the settings the resolution was on the smallest available...i have no clue what's going on here
  2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

What's the native resolution of the LCD display? Try using that and see if it helps.
  3. Wolfleader

Wolfleader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 60

not sure of res

i'm not sure what the native res for the display is it's a 15.4 inch WXGA CrystalBrite LCD if that's any help
  4. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

what resolution is it saying its maxed at? whats the brand of the laptop? go to their website and download the latest drivers for your laptop, especially the graphics adapter.. install and reboot
  5. Wolfleader

ok

it's an Acer Aspire 5040 Max Res is 2048 by 1536 and i can't find the model on the Acer home page
  6. cfitzarl

cfitzarl TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,520   +9

Make sure you have correctly installed your video card drivers. If you have, uninstall them, then re-install them.
  7. Wolfleader

thanks

well the problem is solved so thank you everyone
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.