Video wont show up after trying to fullscreen

jonathanmwlee

When I was trying to watch a video full screen on any websites or any media players on my computer it would turn out to be black screen. Earlier today I was trying to change the refresh rate of my monitor to 120 hz while it was originally 140 hz, that's when the problem start kicking in. Now I change the refresh rate back to 144 hz and the problem wasnt solve.

Im currently using a laptop hook up to a Asus VG248qe monitor.
On Nvidia Control Panel this is what Im using
1f7ab77cf0cbfdb917c90c260843e35e.png

Currently using a display port from laptop to monitor
369fc6707ef7404f3f9bdb976eb13e90.png

Looks like your monitor is not being recognized by PnP - so it is stuck at 60 Hertz while your nVidia graphics output is set at 144Hertz.

Try reboot of machine with monitor attached to see if PnP will find your Asus VG248qe.

That 60hz refresh rate wasnt applied so it was still set at 144hz, I was just scrolling through
Also when I set to other resolution such as 1768 x 992, the video works with full screen, it seems like it just doesnt work with 1920 x 1080 resolution

To reboot on my monitor?
The only reason I use display port for connection is because I want to use 144hz.
I didnt have this issue earlier yesterday before I went out of my mind and try to change the refresh rate back down to 120 hz

From my slight understanding of displayport, it may lose definitions of monitors if the monitor is turned off before the system is turned off.

Try to reinstall monitor as follows:
- turn off system
- turn off monitor
- remove monitor cable
- start system
- confirm non-PnP monitor definition is removed, if not remove it
- turn off system
- connect monitor
- turn monitor on
- turn on system
- observe if it locates and installs the monitor automatically
- if it fails to do that and asks for a driver (?.inf file), hopefully it can locate one on the internet

A driver exists on the Asus support site (ASUS_VG248_Windows_7_WHQL), but it may not work with Win 8 or Win 10.

Back